Coming up with characters for your novel can be easy or hard. I usually don’t have a lot of trouble coming up with characters, but moving the characters through a story, that’s the challenge.
In today’s post, I’m going to reference some websites and books I’ve found useful. I’ll talk more in detail about character creation as the month goes on. I’ve just recently caught a cold so not feeling quite up to snuff.
Do you like character charts? Here are a couple you might find helpful.
The EPIGUIDE.COM Character Chart for Fiction Writers –
Character Creation Template – This one is pretty massive and may be a bit too detailed for some, but it’s worth a look.
Face Search -Came across this one just recently so haven’t used it yet but looks interesting
A List of Books on Creating Characters
- Creating Unforgettable Characters
- Creating Characters: How to Build Story People
- Building Believable Characters
- Writer’s Guide to Character Traits
- The Writer’s Guide to Psychology
- 45 Master Characters
- Writer’s Guide to Characterization
- Complete Writer’s Guide to Heroes and Heroines
- The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters for Fiction, Film and TV
Hope you find these helpful. There’s lots more where those came from, so please stop back.